The Estimator analyzes project outlines, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare accurate cost and completion estimates and quotations for projects. Provides input and direction to project team members regarding choices of materials and or/manufacturing processes.
Company Information: Frank Mayer is a leader in designing, engineering, and producing creative interactive kiosks and in-store merchandising displays. We offer a fun and creative working environment for all associates.
- Participates with project team members to review project outline and establish design direction.
- Computes cost factors and prepares ballpark, pre-estimates, and firm pricing based on design specifications.
- Provides pricing for prototypes and/or development charges as required.
- Participates with project team members throughout project life cycle to provide on-going direction of cost related issues. Attends all project meetings throughout all phases of the project.
- Sketches part drawings for the purpose of obtaining preliminary supplier quotations then
- obtains engineering drawings of components for the purpose of obtaining firm supplier quotations.
- Contacts suppliers on a timely basis to ensure the availability of their quotations to meet the required project schedule.
- Confirms all pricing quotations in writing to Senior Project Leaders and Account Executives.
- Assists account executives, designers, production coordinators and model makers in the process of obtaining materials or samples.
- Assists designers in choosing appropriate materials and manufacturing techniques to stay within cost related issues.
- Provide accounting department with information on profit margins and commissions for jobs sold.
- Seeks new sources of suppliers, new materials and methods of production.
- Provides field support to account executives as needed.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.